Animate the drawing of a SVG file

Several times I've blogged about Inkscape vector drawing software and its many uses. Being free software there is nothing to lose if you want to try it out. I use it on Windows, Linux and OSX happily.

For a new project I wanted to get a given drawing animated and maybe with a soundtrack. My goal was to use this for explaining some topics of my lessons.

Long ago I saw LectureScribe and I liked it. But it was not exactly what I was looking for, though you might want to give it a try too.

What I am showing you below is a rough demo (no music so I won't get any damn DMCA notice; yes I know there are copyright free music). I've used a Python script by Ed Halley to get a sequence of photograms. Next I've used mencoder to combine them to create a video I later uploaded to youtube.

It's a drawing of an stepper motor interface.



In case you wonder, I captured this drawing using a Genius G-note board.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation