VirtualBox on Snow Leopard


I've heard some news about troubles with VirtualBox when running on Snow Leopard. It was too late for me as I've just upgraded a couple of my systems. So I installed VirtualBox and I created a sample Ubuntu 9.04 system from scratch. Everything ran smoothly. Network and USB access worked as expected too. I have no idea if there is trouble running a VM you created before upgrading to Snow as I have none.

I used to be a fan of VMware's free VMplayer. Unfortunately there seems there is not a free version OS X. VirtualBox appears to do a nice job too. There is a quirk though, USB devices need to be registered to be used by the VM before you turn it on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation