Spiro curves

I've never been a fan of Bézier curves, but sometimes they are useful. Maybe my main complaint is acknowledging the fact that I've been incapable of getting a curve just right on the first attempt in any vector editing software. Maybe it is just me. So when I saw that Inkscape was adding support for a new type of curve I have never heard of before I started to pay attention. Of course this is old news for some of you, but I've been busy with other things and I have not checked the development version of Inkscape for quite a while (maybe a sign that I'm quite happy with 0.46 version).

The thing is that Mr. Levien was smart enough to develop an alternative to Bezier curves and kind enough to grant a free license of his patented technology to GPL software. Thanks to this Inkscape can brag of supporting a new type of curve not available on commercial software like Illustrator. A library is available on Sourceforge too.

But it won't be fair to the effort of Inkscape developers not to mention the many new features they are cooking for 0.47 version. In a word: Awesome!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation