My laptop's Gutsy meets vodafone

Sunday morning I'd like to be able to join CodeJam round 1. But I'm attending a wedding out of town. I asked for some help and I've borrowed a Huawi e220 UTMS modem from my university.

Just pluging it in did not do the trick though. Ubuntu showed a CD-ROM-like icon on my desktop that contained the device's Windows drivers. I was told to do some dark magic that did the trick for Spanish Vodafone prepaid service:

umount /dev/sr0
rmmod usb-storage
rmmod usbserial
modprobe usbserial vendor=0x12d1 product=0x1003
#now disconnect the modem and reconnect it again
#wait a few seconds
ls -la /dev/ttyUSB*
# three devices should show up
# now fire wvdial

I've created this wvdial.conf file:

[Dialer Defaults]
Init2 = ATZ
Init3 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Stupid Mode = 1
Modem Type = Analog Modem
ISDN = 0
Phone = *99***1#
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Username = user
Dial Command = ATDT
Password = pass
Baud = 460800
Init4 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","ac.vodafone.es"

It just works great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation